shabbyblog - chevron

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Best of 2011!

Today is my one-year anniversary of shooting in manual mode on my DSLR.  I received my camera a day or two after Christmas last year and made a personal goal to start implementing what I'd been reading about shooting in manual on January 1.  In one of my photography forums we call it our "manualversary.  Learning to operate my camera and the specifics of the exposure triangle, nailing focus, and lighting (still learning on that one) has helped me grow to a happy hobbyist in the last year.  Photography has really been a gift to me this year.  Its given me intellectual stimulation, rewards for goal-setting, and has helped my self-confidence immensely.  Sometimes I even wonder if I would've been so successful with running/weight loss if I hadn't worked hard to develop my photography skills. Today is a great day to share some of my favorite pictures I've taken in the last year.  Take a look with me:


untitled (28 of 39)

Monday (27 of 42)

Monday (31 of 42)

A Day at the Pool (2 of 10)

CadesCove.4.2.11 (3 of 8)

Summer Morning at the Playground (2 of 8)

EdmondsonSessionFall.11.8.11 (1 of 5)

Konxville Anniversary Weekend (8 of 9)



3 comments:

  1. Janie, I love your photos! I'm also in awe that you were so quick on the "manual" setting. I'm a little (that's not true...I'm a LOT) intimidated by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh... seriously. If I can do it, I'm pretty sure an engineer can do it. Its very math-y and probably right up your alley. Check out Brian Peterson's "Understanding Exposure" for a working text of sorts. It helped me quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to quote the title, but blogger won't let me italicize. :(

    ReplyDelete