shabbyblog - chevron

Sunday, January 1, 2012

1/1/12... Its cliche, but hey. I'll go with it.

New Year's Day is as good as any to start a blog, right?  I like the neatness of starting something new on 1/1.  Its classic like Audrey Hepburn.  I deleted some old stuff and this is my new location.  I'm hoping this little spot will be a one-stop shop for all of my expressiveness. I'll have a few frequent topics:


Photography


I'm doing a photography project that involves posting one photo a week, every week for a year.  I tried doing a 365 project last year, but I didn't make it through March. I'm great at quitting things; that's a great thing to know about me.


Politics and Current Events


I also need a healthier place to just express myself than my Facebook status.  I hate the idea of alienating family and old friends because of politics or theology, so I think I'll try to take more of that here.


Theology and Ministry


This is my real job, and I'm looking forward to having a forum to be myself and express some of the beauty I see daily for others to read.  Most of it will be pretty vague to protect patient privacy, but that will make the challenge that much more meaningful.


Running and Healthy Lifestyle Maintenance


I'm a runner!  Its fun to write that here.  I lost 30 pounds in the last half of 2011, and I need to lose another 20 at least in the new year.  I have less to lose and twice as long to lose it.  Cake, right?  (Mmmmm... cake.  That's what got me in this situation in the first place.)


A Little of This and a Little of That 


Cooking, literature, crafting, sports, travel, music, history... There's a little bit of room for everything here at the Cookie.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janie, I've been keeping up with you on facebook for awhile now....(total facebook stalker) and let me just say you are simply an inspiration. I've looked up to you since we were in middle school, and you have inspired me to set some goals and achieving them THIS YEAR! Thank you for that, and I will be reading your new blog to keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jennifer. I've enjoyed keeping in touch with you on FB, too. :)

    ReplyDelete